Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Warning: this post contains my immaturity

I've been running back and forth since yesterday between Simone in Hochneukirch and the university Fresenius here in Cologne. Fresenius was really neat, the students are the same as any other school. The professor was great too and the whole class was taught in English (score!). One thing that they had that definitely blew me out of the water (ha!)... bumper boats.

C'mon VCU, time to step your game up.

But my main highlight was finally being able to meet up with Simone! In case you don't know, Simone is the daughter of a man who worked with my Dad. Simone came and stayed with me and my family in VA about... 3 years ago. But it seems like just yesterday. I'll be staying with her from Thursday to Sunday, but she invited me to a play ("zehn nach acht" aka: ten after eight) that her friend was performing in so I decided to join.

Her friends are exactly like mine back home, so it made me a bit homesick. The play was good, although I couldn't understand much you can get the ideas from their emotions and whatnot. Then we went to...

McDonalds!!!!


And, I cannot believe it, but their hamburgers are legit smaller than ours. I'm not even kidding. Here:

That's their burgers in relation to my fist. I now realize that I should have turned my fist over, because right now it looks like some kind of freakish flesh colored worm. I also realize this is still not a good indication of how small a burger it is, since most people don't know the size of my hand. But trust me, it's not that big.

I also walked by this yesterday and I apologize in advance for the language. I tried to keep this blog as G rated as possible, but this is too good to pass up...

Yay for Japanese tour buses!!!

On that note: I am unsure how much I well get to blog while I'm with Simone, since I will not bring my laptop and won't want to constantly pester her over using her computer. Hope you all can survive, I don't know if I can!

No comments: