Sunday, June 1, 2008

Chateau de Linnenberg

I realized I never posted any pictures of Uli and Caroline's place and where I get the privilege to stay...












Sike! This is a sweet mansion (obviously) in Bruhl (just imagine an umlaut on the "u" and you've got it). They used to hold lavish parties here with the Bundesprasident, lots of important people, and a state guest. The state guests have been everyone from Reagan, Queen Elizabeth, and Pope John Paul (when he came, it was the first Pope visit since the Middle Ages!!!).

My favorite part? The list of food restrictions for the chefs. Ronald Reagan was allergic to raw tomatoes.

You also get to hang out with these cool guys...

Poor Oscar, I made him be a tourist too.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Caroline, I just learned of your blog. You seem to be having a great time. I will check this site often to learn more interesting stories about your trip. Mike is finally home from Iraq. He looks great. Enjoy your time in Germany!

Uncle Chris

Anonymous said...

Mo! I laugh out loud every time I read your blog. Also, you totally had me with those photos of that sweet mansion. I really believed you were staying there.

Hate always and forever,
Mo