Sunday, June 1, 2008

The past two days have been very action packed!

First, on Friday, I visited Stefan's school for the second time for the Journalism Writing Class and Stefan's Photoshop class. In German newspapers, you're allowed to write in the past tesne! Which was such a hard habit for me to drop in my writing class, since we write all in present. So I thought that was very interesting. And Stefan's Photoshop class was fun and the easiest to follow, since computers are the same no matter where you go. But since I'm taking a graphics class in the fall, perhaps I will be ahead of the class a bit. We'll see.

I also went to the top of the Koln Triangle, a building that was taller than the Dom but after many complaints it was lowered three stories. You can see everything from there, when I spotted this:
Was?
Apparently, this wall is a part of the Alpine Climbing... club thing... so we decided to get a closer look...

While we were walking to the free climbers, Stefan pointed out that this view is very popular in many postcards, but I already knew this...

Oh snap! A picture in a picture!

Stefan also took me to a very neat Webdesign art show. I sadly don't have any pictures to prove this statement, but trust me, it was sweeeetttt.

Saturday I met up with Stefan and Beate to go to the German History Museum in Bonn, which I can't remember if that is the official name (I doubt it is). They had on display JFK's notecards for his famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech. Speaking of Berliners...

Mmmm!! Oh JFK, you silly man.

AND! I finally got my chocolate mousse cake. Take that Paul and Kurt!


After that I hung out with Marleh for the rest of the night. I found out that German girls hate Heidi Klum (!!!!). Or at least Marleh and her friend Julie do. So I'm am going to make a broad assumption based on two people's opinions.

Ok, one more funny thing I need to point out before I go. Cologne has really thought of everything for visitors. Wish you had a beach to go to? No problem! Go to a Beach Club!

Sand + The Rhine = a beach.
(And if you look in the background, you can see the Dom!)


I don't know about you guys, but these tropical baskets totally had me fooled.

No comments: