Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sorry monkeys, we are the superior mammal.

I JUST EXPERIENCED THE BEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

There was laughter.

Tears.

Splendor.

Clowns.

Yes everyone, I went to the circus!

Not just any circus, Roncalli!

It's an old school circus, complete with vintage carts, costumes, and a little tent. No animals (excluding the fake hippo) in this, but that was not needed. My camera died halfway through (it was as hot as an oven for being on for so long) but I took many pictures. Here are some of my favorites...

Before it starts.


The clown getting ready.

The fake hippo.

Spinning blankets!
What??

OH MY GOSH!

A snake charmer???

WRONG! Bubble charmer. Score!

Back up dancers?
Wrong again! They do this...
As a said before, my camera's battery died so there was more. Including a sweet couple rope dance, two acrobats standing on each others heads, a woman who changed clothes in milliseconds, and a crazy ball juggling dude.

But before all this excitement, Caroline took me on a tour of Cologne where I finally met Tunnes und Schal.
BFF (for life!)
I've also made a new friend who is not made out of stone. Her name is Marleh, she is Caroline's niece. She took me shopping today and it was nice to see the swanky European clothes (that are too expensive for my budget!)

That is the end of story time today kids. Ich bin le tired! (Nothing better than German + French + sleepiness!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Roncalli is a great circus for me the best one. I love it very much and like to be there and to meet the people again, some are like friends for me. If you'd like to have some more pics, just tell me. I visited Roncalli eight days this year ;-)