Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Arrival!

Hallo everyone!

I've been in Cologne a couple hours now. Mostly sleeping to wear off the jetlag, but Caroline took me to Uli's office to drop off my laptop so it could get hooked up. He has a beautiful view of the cathedral from his office, I'll post the pictures I took of it soon.

Some observations I've already made...

-tiny cars. Like, REALLY tiny cars. I knew they drove small cars but it's amazing how their society is built for them too. Caroline has a larger SUV Mercedes and it's very difficult for her to get around certain parts of town, because the roads are just built so small. It's very surprising.

-Caroline's fricadell's are very tasty (sorry, Dad!). Mmmm, I could eat those all day.

-how little Deutsch I know. All day today I've been asking "What am I getting myself into!?!?" But I know things will improve.

Well, I'm going to get off this. There will be more to come!

No comments: