Thursday, May 22, 2008

Christ the King!

Today was a Catholic holiday in Cologne, I cannot remember the name but it was very neat to see. I learned two things from it: Germans love Jesus and awesome costumes. Here are some of my favorite pictures...



And my personal favorite...

COLOGNE UND JESUS: LET'S ROCK UND ROLLS!

So, for the rest of the day we went to a Landparty (aka: Home & Garden Show), which was nothing like I had ever seen before. It was at a huge manor and there were local shops set up all around. They sold food, plants, clothes, furniture, everything. I ate my first Flammkuchen and I don't think I'll ever eat a Pizza the same again. It's basically a very thin pizza but without tomato sauce and instead cheese, onions, and (my favorite) bacon. The pizza of my dreams.

We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner, and I had delicious penne pasta with cheese and spinach. It's been a good second day.

No comments: