Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm lovin' it

So I didn't expect to post anything again until I left on Tuesday, but I felt like what better way to kick off my departure to Europe than a very American post. So...

I love McDonalds. Here's the story.

Jeremy and I were starving today and he reminded me that he owed me a McChicken sandwich (mmm!), so we decided to go. After ordering 3 McChicken sandwiches, a large fry, and two waters, we hear over the intercom, "Would you like our new Southern Style Chicken Sandwiches instead for free?"

"For free?!" I gasp.

"Free! F-R-E-E that spells free," repeats the McDonald's worker, to the tune of the CreditReport.com commercial jingle (Erika: you would have definitely appreciated this).

Of course, being a starving college student, I could not pass this offer up. So we got our sandwiches and while receiving the rest of our order I get a HUGE drink, which I assumed they just combined our two waters. Nope, I realize it's something else so I try to hand it back when they tell me to just take it.

Double score! Free sandwiches AND sweet tea. Jeremy and I were ecstatic.

Needless to say, I got a great treat for my last visit to fast food before my trip. So thank you, America, for the send off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ballot for the Election of Caroline

YES for picture from Sasha's house
YES for hilarious profile
YES for this blog
YES for title of this blog

VOTE YES FOR CAROLINE

Mary said...

Will they have southern chicken sandwiches and sweet tea in Germany? Bon voyage, Caroline! (Please tell how they say that in Koeln?)

i love... said...

Looks like the "Bon voyage" equivalent is "Gute Reise!" meaning good travels... Thanks Aunt Mary!